What is Amplify?
Amplify is a professional development program for individual artists and creative professionals. It includes a professional membership program for individuals and a workshop series to develop the business skills of creative entrepreneurs. Amplify’s goal is to help creative people make a living and a life doing what they love in Central Georgia.
It was originally founded in 2014 by Macon Arts Alliance, but after discussing it with The 567 in 2016, both organizations decided that Amplify aligned perfectly with The 567's experience and goals. The 567 is re-launching Amplify as part of The 567 this year.
Membership levels and benefits
I. Basic Creative Professional Membership Level - $25 annual fee
- Multi-function copier/printer (limited to 500 b/w copies and 50 color copies per year)
- Scanning services
Communications: Receives all e-news regarding Amplify program
Promotional Support and Services
- Recognition as a creative professional member at The 567 Center
- Artist profile on Ovations365.com (login credentials, link to your website, contact information for marketing purposes, upload photos)
Professional Development Services
- Free admission to creative professional mixers at local venues
- Professional consultations (2 per year)
- Discounts on Amplify’s professional development workshops which include marketing, pricing your work, funding your work and business planning
II. Level 2 Creative Entrepreneur Membership Level - $65 annual fee
Receives all benefits of Basic Creative Professional Membership as well as the following:
Grant services: Fiscal Sponsorship consultation
Professional Development Services: Two additional individual consultations per year (4 per year)
Free access to Amplify’s professional development workshops which include marketing, pricing your work, funding your work and business planning
Amplify Your Creative Business
April 10, 1-5 pm
Are you ready to amplify your creative business? This workshop will cover all the essentials, including what to consider when starting a business, managing your time and money, and arts marketing on a shoestring budget.
1:00-2:00 Josh Walton (UGA SBDC) - Starting a Business
2:00-3:30 Beth Smith (artist - Bsmithbrushworks) - Managing Your Time and Money
3:45-5:00 Melissa Macker (Executive Director - The 567 Center) - Marketing on a Shoestring Budget
The cost is $30 per person, $10 for Basic members, and free for Level 2 members.